Easy Banana Cake Recipe // Resepi Kek Pisang Mudah Sahaja~
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 | 11:18 AM | 0 comments
I was extra hardworking on Monday.
I made pancakes for breakfast and in the evening, I decided to bake banana cake.
Simply because I bought bananas during the weekend.
Is that a good reason to bake?
😜

I got the recipe from facebook.
Here's the original recipe and my modified measurement ➨

Ingredients:
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1 cup of fine sugar (3/4 cup of brown sugar)
3 pieces of ripe banana, mashed (6 pieces of lady finger banana)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (3/4 cup of vegetable oil)
2 each of eggs
1 tsp of vanilla essence (1 tsp of banana essence)
Chocolate rice (optional)

Directions:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Sift.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar.
3. Add in the vanilla essence and mashed banana then whisk well.
4. Stir in the mixture of flour and mix till no more lumps is visible. Then add in the chocolate rice.
5. Pour the batter into a greased cake tin.
6. Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bahan-bahan:
2 cawan tepung serbaguna (saya guna tepung gandum)
1 sk serbuk penaik
1 sk soda bikarbonat
1 cawan gula halus (saya letak 3/4 cawan gula perang)
3 biji pisang masak (saya guna 6 biji pisang emas)
1/2 cawan minyak masak (saya letak 3/4 cawan minyak matahari)
2 biji telur
1 sk esen vanila (saya letak esen pisang)
Coklat urai (saya tambah)

Cara-caranya:
1. Ayak bersama tepung gandum, serbuk penaik dan soda bikarbonat.
2. Dalam bekas lain, pukul telur dan gula sehingga kembang.
3. Masukkan esen pisang dan pisang yang telah dilecek dan gaul sebati.
4. Masukkan bahan ayak (tepung, serbuk penaik dan soda bikarbonat) dan gaul sebati. Akhir sekali, masukkan coklat urai.
5. Tuang adunan ke dalam acuan yang telah digriskan *is this a word?* hahahahahha
6. Bakar pada suhu 180°C selama 40 minit atau kek masak sepenuhnya.


My verdicts:
► The cake is a bit dry to my liking. I was dying for a sip of water right after I swallowed the cake. *exaggeration*
► The batter was too thick. I rarely baking but the-once-in-a-while-experience-of-baking gets me the idea to compare the consistency of the batter. TOO THICK FOR A CAKE BATTER. I'm not sure if the batter is supposed to be that thick so due to my insecurity, I added more oil to the batter. The recipe says 1/2 cup of oil but I modified the measurement to 3/4 cup.
► Sweetness of the cake was just right. 👍
► Subtle banana flavor. I was hoping for a nice strong banana taste but the cake did not come out the way I wanted it to be. 😞
► Unfortunately, the cake was not light and fluffy. Probably my technique or the recipe itself needs further modification. I shall keep experimenting I guess.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,



KIMCHI | BERI
The Blogette



A 27-years young lady engineer, a wife to MH ♥ and a soon to be mom.




Travelogue
Krabi, Thailand
Singapore
Seoul, South Korea
Hong Kong
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
London, England
Belfast, Ireland
Marakech, Morocco
Madrid, Spain

Adverts



Chatroom
Readers



Copyright © 2014
k i m c h i b e r i
Powered by
b l o g g e r