Custard Filling Recipe for Mooncake // Resepi Inti Kastard untuk Kuih Bulan
Saturday, October 21, 2017 | 2:23 PM | 0 comments
It's weekend!
I've been wanting to make my own snowskin mooncake since forever.
Traditional mooncake can be found easily at any supermarket but not the snowskin type.
So last weekend, we went out to town to get the ingredients for the mooncake and I ordered the mould and finally last night, I managed to commence my mooncake project.
🙌

I initially bought Pandan Mung Bean filling for the mooncake but as I searched the recipe through the internet, the pictures of custard filling mooncake made me drooling.
I omitted the store bought filling and decided to make the custard filling instead.
I will share the recipe of the custard filling first, while the recipe of the mooncake will be uploaded in the next post.

Ingredients:
1 egg yolk **the original recipe calls for 1 egg
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp custard powder
20g melted butter
25g cake flour
1/4 cup fresh milk
1/4 tsp condensed milk

Directions:
1. Sift flour and custard powder together.
2. Add in the sugar.
3. In another bowl, combine egg yolk, milk, condensed milk and butter then stir well.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Sieve the mixture into a steaming plate.
6. Steam for 8 minutes or until the mixture sets.
7. Knead the mixture until smooth.

------------------------------------------------

Bahan-bahan:
1 biji kuning telur **resepi asal menggunakan 1 biji telur
1 sb gula
1 sb tepung kastard
20g mentega cair
25g tepung kek (saya guna 21g tepung gandum + 4g tepung jagung)
1/4 cawan susu (saya guna susu dutch lady low fat)
1/4 sk susu manis

Cara-caranya:
1. Ayak bersama tepung kek dan tepung kastard.
2. Masukkan gula.
3. Dalam bekas lain, satukan kuning telur, susu, susu manis dan mentega.
4. Satukan bahan basah bersama bahan kering dan gaul rata.
5. Tapis adunan ke dalam bekas tahan panas.
6. Kukus adunan selama 8 minit atas sehingga adunan masak.
7. Hancurkan adunan yang telah masak tadi dengan menggunakan garfu, kemudian uli sehingga licin.


My verdicts:
➤ As this was my first attempt, I'm not so sure if this is a good one.
➤ The custard filling was a little too firm. I supposed it was due to the egg as the original recipe calls for 1 whole egg but I use 1 egg yolk instead. Maybe, if more liquid were there in the batter and I followed the original recipe, the filling will be a little softer and smoother.
➤ Taste wise, okay. The custard taste was not too overwhelming and it was not too sweet.
➤ This recipe yields approx. 120g of the fillings.








Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,



KIMCHI | BERI
The Blogette



A 27-years young lady engineer, a wife to MH ♥ and a soon to be mom.




Travelogue
Krabi, Thailand
Singapore
Seoul, South Korea
Hong Kong
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
London, England
Belfast, Ireland
Marakech, Morocco
Madrid, Spain

Adverts



Chatroom
Readers



Copyright © 2014
k i m c h i b e r i
Powered by
b l o g g e r